Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The candlelight scarf


Candlelight scarf
Originally uploaded by redmag

...As previously featured....I finally finished my "lace" scarf....only five years in the making

It's funny but taking a few years out from it makes it clear that my tastes seemed to have come full circle....I went from loving the colour and the wool to down right hating it (hence the project shelving phase) back to loving it again....I found the pattern slightly hypnotic to do and so I thought I'd share the pattern with you


A candlelight scarf

Materials
3 50g balls of Ramie by Filature di crosa
1 pair of 3 1/2 mm knitting needles.


This scarf is knitted using the candlelight lace pattern in repeat. The pattern requires multiples of 10 stitches plus an additional 11 stitches. I used 51 stitches but feel feel to use more of less depending on taste.

A copy of the chart is here, A tip to stay on track - there should always be the same number of stitches at the end of the row as you had at the beginning despite all the knitting together and making new stitches.

If you do make this scarf please leave a comment to let me know I'd love to see it....in the end I feel a certain fondness for the old candlelight pattern.....and I loved to see it out and about more.

No comments: