Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tweedle Dee


Tweedle Dee
Originally uploaded by redmag

This is the first half of my toy for the plushteam fairy tale project. It's Tweedle Dee from "Through the looking glass" - not quite Alice in Wonderland but very close!

Although not expecting to - I've learnt a few things about myself while working on this task - firstly, although I aspire to be, I'm not actually very democratic. You see I did do a poll to see what people thought I should make for this task. The Cheshire cat was the overwhelmingly popular choice - suggested by many including the very styling Ninaribena of Canberra's got style fame.

But you see I've already made cats before and I just wanted to make something new.....so I unilaterally decided to make Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum!

The other thing is that I'm getting a bit more skilled at this toy making caper - I've managed to come up with two new toys this weekend and while they aren't complex or flash they did turn out pretty much how I'd hope they would which is a first! No sad calico corpses to stash in the back of my cupboard this time!

I think if I made more Tweedles they'd definitely get collars, braces and some hair but for now they good to go.

......Anyway hope you're having a great weekend

No comments: