Wednesday, June 11, 2008


It arrived in the mail first thing....and its all I've thought about all day.....I just got my invite to SpoonFlower - in their words.....
"Spoonflower gives individuals the power to print their own designs on fabric that they can then use to make quilts, clothes, pillows, blankets, framed textile art and many, many other things that might surprise you. "
I'm giddy with the possiblities....and although others might not agree with me - I think that $18 a yard and $7 international shipping for up to 5 yards, is quite reasonalbe given you get to make your very own fabric!
I'd been keen to hear from anyone else who has already dived in and got something they've designed printed. Off to try and make some worth putting on fabric! Should have gotten some photoshop lessons when my sister visited last year!

2 comments:

Charlie P said...

How cool is that?!? Thanks for the link, I had no idea such a fantastic site existed. Getting all excited at the thought of personalised fabric :)

Can't wait to see what sort of designs you come up with.

Penelope Boyd said...

It's a great concept, isn't it. I'm sure you could do wonderful things with it. So many possibilities...