Saturday, August 18, 2007

Dirac the dinosaur


Dirac the dino
Originally uploaded by redmag

The green fabric was Friday's op shopping find. Initially I suffered from my usual paralysis - not knowing what to do with the fabric. Having a limited amount amount of it didn't help as I felt an overwhelming pressure to make something really wonderful which just compounded the problem. Anyway, on the walk home from the shops it whispered, "I'd like to be a dinosaur" and voila!

Despite not having a face yet, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I had to do a couple of road tests with my son (I really should get a wider test group) - the first one was a complete failure. He wailed the moment he laid eyes on it. The second attempt went much better. He hugged it close so as to suck on its head, which is a big compliment from him. I think I might make a few more for my shop. So all-in-all a very productive day.

No comments: