Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Things that bring you joy


Things that bring you joy
Originally uploaded by redmag


I read an article about a women who took a polariod photo every day for a year of something that she was grateful for.....it was a reinterpretation of the 365 days project that many people do on flickr inspired by the suggestion of a nun - its in the April 2009 issue of Notebook magazine if you want to read it for yourself......anyway it struck me as a nice thing to do....something to give structure to chaotic days and weeks....get you in the habit of looking for good in your day...and it fit very much in with the resolutions I'd made weeks ago all aimed at enjoying the precious year I have ahead of me - a year where I'm able to take time from working and be at home. I think I might blog about those resolutions some other time they need their own space....anyway I'm going to give this a try....rather than things I'm grateful for I prefer to call them things that bring me joy.....here are today's:

  • The one pictured - A reminder that beauty will sometimes just appear without you having to do all the work.
  • Sleeping in
  • Waking to find a tiny baby in the crook of my arm in the soundest sleep he's had all night - while you want them to sleep on their own its nice to know they like it best when they are close
  • A simple lunch of leftovers with my husband - just the two of us
  • He remembered the word I taught him yesterday - stick - and its his new favourite
  • The dog follows me from room to room - flopping down where I stop to work because he too likes to be close.

1 comment:

elaine said...

What a lovely list.

Something that brings me joy:

redmag being home and having the time/inclination to blog so lazy faraway friends can keep up with her.

hello!