Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Orange Volta Air Guitar


The Orange Volta Air Guitar
Originally uploaded by redmag

Ok so its not a camera shaped rattle - but it is a new take on an old design for me.

The neck has machine sewn tucks to resemble frets and I've hand sewn strings (4 in total - I wasnt sure how many strings an air guitar needed ;) ...)

It's currently available in my shop.

I was so pleased with the way it turned out I joined a new flickr group - "Handmade guitars". I've added my photos....and now I'm waiting and hoping that people take me seriously and dont get pissed off that my handmade guitar isn't the playing kind.

1 comment:

Nanette said...

Too cute! I've always wanted my own personal air guitar - forget the kids.
PS On your recommendation I have been to Queanbeyan op shopping. Thanks for the tip..and maybe I will see you tomorrow at the YMCA garage sale/
x Nan