Sunday, September 16, 2007

6.5 stitches cardigan - all done!


6.5 stitches cardigan - all done!
Originally uploaded by redmag

I finally finished it . It's meant to have a fabric piece that sits behind the front knitted flap, however I hadn't managed to find the right piece of fabric by the time I finished knitting. Being extremely impatient, I decided that warmer weather we'd been experiencing justified omitting that panel, and sewed it up sans beautiful fabric.

The vital stats - This is the 3 month size. I used 3.75mm needles and two balls (100g) of TLC CaraMia, which is a medium worsted wool. It's an Acrylic (50%), Nylon (19%), Rayon (18%) Angora (13%) blended wool, which makes it feel soft but not delicate. It's recommended that you use 5mm needles with this wool, but I was worried the jumper would end up being too big and opted for a smalled set.

The pattern itself was wonderful - simple and clear. The cardigan looks fantastic on and is easy to put on and take off - which I love. We've already had many compliments on our walks over the past couple of days, including inquiries as to whether it was a pumpkin patch purchase. It's always so nice to be able to reply..."Well actually I made it myself. "


I'm going to try and get some more wool and start making a second one in the larger 6 month size straight away! Partly because he is growing like a weed and will need a bigger one very soon, but mainly because it was so enjoyable to make - and I really should do one with the beautiful fabric panel.

No comments: