Friday, June 26, 2009

Wooly booties


Wooly booties
Originally uploaded by redmag

I accidentally "felted" my favourite grey jumper at the end of last winter ....and as the hoarder that I am decided to add it to my stash rather than get rid of it....and there it languished for nearly a year....

.....until this week when I dug it out in the hope of making something useful from it....these two wooly boots are from one sleeve......the buttons (again from here) are largely ornamental....

....I think they're cute and they stay on reasonably well....maybe next time I'll put some elastic on the inside of the boot at the back of the ankle to make them extra secure......if you'd like the pattern (for 3 month old feet) just leave a comment and I"ll email it to you....

4 comments:

gabrielle said...

re gorgeous, I would love the pattern for our small boy
geckogrl2002@yahoo.com

Tania said...

See that just goes to show that de-stashing is a ridiculous exercise. Fab boots. Wish I was a talented enough craftster to evolve the three month pattern in to a pair of adult size 36!

frogginette said...

I just stumbled on your flickr page and thought I'd check out your blog. I love what you make!
http://frogginette.wordpress.com

frogginette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.